Armed Forces Bill (Programme) (No. 2) — Consideration of Lords Amendments and further messages from the Lords — 2 Apr 2001
Mr Peter Mandelson MP, Hartlepool voted with the majority (Aye).
I beg to move,
That the following provisions shall apply to the Armed Forces Bill for the purpose of supplementing the Order of 9th January:
Completion of remaining stages
2. The Bill, as amended in the Select Committee, shall be considered in Committee of the whole House in the following order, namely, Clauses 1 to 17; Schedule 1; Clauses 18 and 19; Schedule 2; Clauses 20 to 22; Schedule 3; Clauses 23 to 29; Schedule 4; Clauses 30 to 32; Schedule 5; Clauses 33 and 34; Schedule 6; Clauses 35 and 36; Schedule 7; Clauses 37 to 40; Schedule 8; Clause 41; new Clauses; new Schedules.
3. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at half past Nine o'clock.
4. Any proceedings on consideration, and proceedings on Third Reading, shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at half past Ten o'clock.
5. Sessional Order B (Programming Committees) made by the House on 7th November 2000 shall not apply to proceedings in Committee of the whole House or on consideration and Third Reading.
6. Paragraphs (6) and (7) of Sessional Order A (varying and supplementing programme motions) made by the House on 7th November 2000 shall not apply to proceedings on any motion to vary or supplement this order for the purpose of allocating time to proceedings on consideration of any Lords amendments, or on any further messages from the Lords, and the question on any such motion shall be put forthwith.
The House divided: Ayes 282, Noes 134.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||110 (+2 tell)||0||70.0%|
|Lab||282 (+2 tell)||0||0||68.1%|