National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Bill — 11 Apr 2002 at 17:01
moved Amendment No. 105:
Before Clause 15, insert the following new clause-
"COMMUNITY HEALTH COUNCILS: SCHEME FOR REFORM
(1) The Secretary of State shall lay before Parliament within twelve months of the date of coming into force of this section regulations setting out a scheme for the reform of the Community Health Councils in England.
(2) Before laying regulations under subsection (1), the Secretary of State shall consult the Association of Community Health Councils for England and Wales and such other bodies representing the interests of patients as he considers appropriate.
(3) The scheme set out by the Secretary of State in regulations under subsection (1) shall extend to all parts of the health service (including the provision of Part 2 services under the 1977 Act).
(4) The Secretary of State may make regulations providing for access by members of a Community Health Council to premises from which services under Part 2 of the 1977 Act are provided.
(5) The scheme set out by the Secretary of State in regulations under subsection (1) shall provide for the proper representation of the population in the area served by a Community Health Council on that council.
(6) Regulations under subsection (1) may not be made unless a draft of the statutory instrument containing the regulations has been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 105) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 90; Not-Contents, 117.
Lords for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which lords were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible lord including those who did not vote in this division.