Local Government Bill — Maintain prohibition on promotion of homosexuality (Section 28) — 10 Mar 2003 at 19:29
Boris Johnson MP, Henley voted with the majority (No).
A local authority shall not
- intentionally promote homosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting homosexuality;
- promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship.
-  Local Government Bill, Clause 119, 13 February 2003
-  Local Government Act 1986, Clause 2A, Prohibition on promoting homosexuality by teaching or by publishing material
-  Local Government Act 1988, Section 28
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||23||71 (+2 tell)||0||58.9%|
|Lab||301 (+2 tell)||3||0||74.6%|