Iraq — Weapons of Mass Destruction Inquiry — 4 Jun 2003 at 16:31
Charles Hendry MP, Wealden voted in the minority (Aye).
The majority of MPs voting voted against the motion:
- This House
- recalls the Prime Minister's assertion that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction capable of being used at 45 minutes' notice;
- further recalls the Government's contention that these weapons posed an imminent danger to the United Kingdom and its forces;
- notes that to date no such weapons have been found; and
- calls for an independent inquiry into the handling of the intelligence received, its assessment and the decisions made by ministers based upon it.
A new motion was proposed in its place:
- This House:
- believes that the Intelligence and Security Committee established by Parliament is the appropriate body to carry out any inquiry into intelligence relating to Iraq; and
- notes in relation to Iraq's disarmament obligations the terms of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1483
And this passed without a vote.
-  Menzies Campbell MP, House of Commons, 4 June 2003
-  Jack Straw MP, House of Commons, 4 June 2003
-  Intelligence and Security Committee, Special Reports
-  United Nations Security Council Resolution 1483, Wikipedia
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Lab||290 (+2 tell)||11||0||73.9%|
|LDem||0||44 (+2 tell)||0||86.8%|
|Patrick Cormack||South Staffordshire||Con||no|
|Harry Barnes||North East Derbyshire||Lab||aye|
|Harry Cohen||Leyton and Wanstead||Lab||aye|
|Jeremy Corbyn||Islington North||Lab||aye|
|Kelvin Hopkins||Luton North||Lab (minister)||aye|
|Glenda Jackson||Hampstead and Highgate||Lab||aye|
|Brian Sedgemore||Hackney South and Shoreditch||Lab||aye|
|Alan Simpson||Nottingham South||Lab||aye|
|Llew Smith||Blaenau Gwent||Lab||aye|
|Robert Wareing||Liverpool, West Derby||Lab||aye|