Commons Amendment — 10 Nov 2004 at 19:15
Baroness McIntosh of Hudnall voted with the majority (Not-Content).
22 After Clause 6, Insert the following new Clause-
"Functions of Commissioner in Wales
(1) The Children's Commissioner has the function of promoting awareness of the views and interests of children in Wales, except in so far as relating to any matter falling within the remit of the Children's Commissioner for Wales under section 72B, 73 or 74 of the Care Standards Act 2000 (c. 14).
(2) Subsections (2) to (9) of section 2 apply in relation to the function of the Children's Commissioner under subsection (1) above as in relation to his function under that section.
(3) In discharging his function under subsection (1) above the Children's Commissioner must take account of the views of, and any work undertaken by, the Children's Commissioner for Wales.
(4) Where the Children's Commissioner considers that the case of an individual child in Wales raises issues of public policy of relevance to other children, other than issues relating to a matter referred to in subsection (1) above, he may hold an inquiry into that case for the purpose of investigating and making recommendations about those issues.
(5) Subsections (2) to (7) of section 4 apply in relation to an inquiry under subsection (4) above.
(6) Where the Secretary of State considers that the case of an individual child in Wales raises issues of relevance to other children, other than issues relating to a matter referred to in subsection (1) above, he may direct the Children's Commissioner to hold an inquiry into that case.
(7) Subsections (2) to (7) of section 5 apply in relation to an inquiry under subsection (6) above."
rose to move Amendment No. 22A, as an amendment to the Motion that this House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 22, leave out "agree" and insert "disagree".
The noble Lord said My Lords, I have spoken to the amendment with Amendment No. 14.
Moved, as an amendment to the Motion that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 22A, leave out "agree" and insert "disagree".-(Lord Thomas of Gresford.)
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 22A) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 43; Not-Contents, 95.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Lab||90 (+2 tell)||2||45.9%|
|LDem||0||30 (+2 tell)||46.4%|