Hunting Bill (Procedure) (No.2) — 16 Nov 2004 at 18:15
Dominic Grieve MP, Beaconsfield voted in the minority (No).
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Order [15 September],
That the Order of 15th September shall be supplemented as follows-
1. At this day's sitting proceedings on consideration of Lords amendments shall be brought to a conclusion (unless already concluded) three hours after commencement of proceedings on the motion relating to Hunting Bill (Money).
2. For the purpose of bringing proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments to a conclusion in accordance with paragraph 1 the Speaker shall put the following questions forthwith (and no others)-
(1) any question which has been proposed from the Chair and has not yet been decided,
(2) the question on any motion moved by a Minister of the Crown to disagree with Lords Amendments (which may, in particular, be a motion relating to a specified group of amendments),
(3) the question on any motion moved by a Minister of the Crown for an amendment in lieu, and
(4) the question on any other motion moved by a Minister of the Crown.
3. Sessional Orders F(7) and H (Programming of Bills: ancillary questions and Reasons Committee) of 28th June 2001 shall apply to proceedings in relation to the Hunting Bill.
4. Paragraph 6(1) to (7) of the Order of 15th September shall apply to proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments.
5. No notice shall be required of a further motion to supplement the Order of 15th September.-[Jim Fitzpatrick.]
The House divided: Ayes 310, Noes 179.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||1||129 (+2 tell)||0||81.0%|
|Lab||299 (+2 tell)||0||0||74.0%|
|Ann Widdecombe||Maidstone and The Weald||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Tom Brake||Carshalton and Wallington||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Paul Burstow||Sutton and Cheam||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Vincent Cable||Twickenham||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Alistair Carmichael||Orkney and Shetland||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Mike Hancock||Portsmouth South||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Paul Holmes||Chesterfield||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Charles Kennedy||Ross, Skye and Inverness West||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|John Pugh||Southport||LDem (front bench)||aye|
|Sarah Teather||Brent East||LDem||aye|
|Steve Webb||Northavon||LDem (front bench)||aye|