Constitutional Reform Bill [Lords] (Programme) — 17 Jan 2005 at 21:59
Mr Denzil Davies MP, Llanelli voted in the minority (No).
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 83A(6) (Programme motions),
That the following provisions shall apply to the Constitutional Reform Bill <[i>Lords]:
1. The following shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House-
(a) Clauses 1 to 7, 20, 21, 37, 94, 95 and 105 to 109;
(b) Schedule 8;
(c) any new Clauses amending section 12 of the Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2002;
(d) any new Clauses relating to matters connected with the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom as reserved or excepted matters under the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
2. The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Proceedings in Committee
3. (1) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in two days.
(2) Those proceedings shall be taken on each of those days as shown in the following table and shall be taken in the order shown there.
(3) Proceedings on each of those days shall (as far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the time specified in the second column of the Table.
(4) Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings in Committee of the whole House.
4. (1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 24th February 2005.
(2) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
5. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
Consideration and Third Reading
6. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
7. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on that day.
8. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
9. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of any Message from the Lords) may be programmed.-Mr. Watson.]
The House divided: Ayes 297, Noes 161.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||120 (+2 tell)||0||75.3%|
|Lab||296 (+2 tell)||1||0||73.3%|
|Mr Denzil Davies||Llanelli||Lab||no|