European Union Bill (Programme) — 9 Feb 2005 at 19:15
Theresa May MP, Maidenhead voted in the minority (No).
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 83(A),
That the following provisions shall apply to the European Union Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
Proceedings in Committee
2.-(1) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in three days.
(2) Those proceedings shall be taken in the order shown in the first column of the following Table and shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) at the times specified in the second column.
(3) Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to the proceedings on the Bill in Committee of the whole House.
Consideration and Third Reading
3. Any proceedings on consideration shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
4. Proceedings on Third Reading shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) one hour after the commencement of those proceedings or at the moment of interruption on the day on which they are commenced, whichever is the earlier.
5. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.
Programming of other proceedings
6. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.-[Gillian Merron.]
The House divided: Ayes 288, Noes 166.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||117 (+2 tell)||0||73.9%|
|Lab||288 (+2 tell)||0||0||71.1%|