Climate Change Bill — Minister to prepare policy — rejected — 31 Mar 2008 at 17:09
Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws voted in the minority (Content).
A small majority of Lords voted against directing to Secretary of State:
- To prepare such proposals and policies (including the setting of five year budgets) as he reasonably considers will
- ensure that the net UK carbon account for the year 2050 is at least 60% lower than the 1990 baseline, and
- enable the carbon budgets that have been set under this Act to be met.
Without this amendment, the Secretary of State has only a
- duty to ensure that the net UK carbon account for the year 2050 is at least 60% lower than the 1990 baseline
but does not need to prepare proposals, policies, or set five year budgets.
-  Lord Crickhowel, House of Lords, 31 March 2008.
-  Climate Change Bill, Clause 2, House of Lords.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Con||65 (+2 tell)||0||33.0%|
|Lab||3||113 (+2 tell)||53.9%|
|Lord Carey of Clifton||Crossbench||no|
|Lord Craig of Radley||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Jay of Ewelme||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Baroness Masham of Ilton||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Patel||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington||Crossbench||no|
|Lord Williamson of Horton||Crossbench||no|
|Baroness Young of Hornsey||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Campbell-Savours||Lab (minister)||aye|
|Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws||Lab||aye|
|Lord Puttnam||Lab (minister)||aye|