Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill — 21 Apr 2008 at 17:37
moved Amendment No. 81:
After Clause 53, insert the following new Clause-
"Accommodation in which persons under 18 may be detained
(1) No person under 18 shall be detained in a young offender institution.
(2) The Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000 (c. 6) is amended in accordance with subsection (3) and (4).
(3) In section 92(1) (detention under sections 90 and 91: place of detention etc.) at the end insert ", provided that such a place is not a secure training centre of young offender institution."
(4) In section 107(1) (meaning of "youth detention accommodation")-
(a) omit paragraphs (a) and (b); (b) in paragraph (c) after "by order specify" insert "but not including a secure training centre or young offenders institution".
(5) In section 23 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1969 (c. 54) (remands and committals to local authority accommodation), omit subsections (7A) and (7B).
(6) In the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (c. 37), omit section 98."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 81) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 67; Not-Contents, 124.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Lab||113 (+2 tell)||0||52.5%|
|LDem||0||40 (+2 tell)||52.5%|
|Craig of Radley||Crossbench||no|
|Masham of Ilton||Crossbench||no|
|Patel of Bradford||Crossbench||no|
|Wedderburn of Charlton||Crossbench||no|