Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill — reporting restrictions on under-18s with an ASBO — 23 Apr 2008 at 22:55
Lord Selsdon was absent
Resolved in the negative, and amendment disagreed to accordingly.
moved Amendment No. 114:
After Clause 123, insert the following new Clause-
"Anti-social behaviour orders: reporting restrictions
(1) The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (c. 37) is amended as follows.
(2) Omit sections 1(10D) and (10E) (anti-social behaviour orders) and 1C(9C) (orders on conviction in criminal proceedings).
(3) In subsection (9) of section 1C (orders on conviction in criminal proceedings), omit "(10D), (10E)."
(4) The Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (c. 12) is amended as follows.
(5) After section 49(2)(d) (restrictions on reports of proceedings in which children or young persons are concerned) insert-
"(e) any proceedings under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998"."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 114) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 21; Not-Contents, 55.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Lab||50 (+2 tell)||1||24.2%|
|LDem||0||15 (+2 tell)||21.3%|