Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill — Parliamentary oversight of police and prison service pay — 30 Apr 2008 at 18:39
Viscount Goschen voted with the majority (Content).
- The Home Secretary may not make regulations under the Police Act 1996 that differ from the recommendations of the Police Negotiation Board, or regulations under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 that differ from the recommendations of Prison Service Pay Review Board, unless they have been put to a vote by MPs.
This proposed law was later deleted in the House of Commons.
-  Baroness Hanham, House of Lords, 30 April 2008
-  Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill, House of Lords, 25 April 2008
-  Police Act 1996, Section 62, Functions of the Board with respect to regulations
-  Justice and Public Order Act 1994, Clause 128, Pay and related conditions
-  Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill - Parliamentary oversight of police and prison service pay - rejected, House of Commons, 6 May 2008
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Content)||Minority (Not-Content)||Turnout|
|Con||122 (+1 tell)||0||59.7%|
|Lab||0||104 (+2 tell)||48.4%|
|LDem||44 (+1 tell)||0||56.3%|