MPs' salaries — Increases capped to 2.3% — rejected — 3 Jul 2008 at 15:05
- from 1st April 2008 and from 1st April of each subsequent year a Member's salary should be increased by the percentage increase in the 3 month average Public Sector Average Earnings Index for January of that year relative to the figure for January of the previous year...
- provided that, without prejudice to the calculations based on the agreed formula, from 1st April 2008 the annual salary is increased by no more than 2.3 per cent. and that the balance of any increase due at 1st April 2008 should be payable from 1st April 2009 in addition to any increase payable at that date.
This motion for debate (effectively) amended in the next vote before it was passed.
-  Don Touhig MP, House of Commons, 3 July 2008
-  Harriet Harman MP, House of Commons, 3 July 2008
-  MP's remuneration - First package of reforms - rejected, House of Commons Division, 3 July 2008
MPs for which their vote in this division differed from the majority vote of their party are marked in red. Also shows which MPs were ministers at the time of this vote. You can also see every eligible MP including those who did not vote in this division.