Counter-Terrorism Bill — 11 Nov 2008 at 19:43
Lord Haskins voted in the minority (Content).
Resolved in the negative, and amendment disagreed to accordingly.
<[i>Amendment No. 48C not moved.]
moved Amendment No. 48D:
After Clause 80, insert the following new Clause-
"Control orders: right to fair hearing
(1) The Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005 (c. 2) is amended as follows.
(2) At the end of section 3(13) (supervision by court of making of non-derogating control orders) insert "except where to do so would be incompatible with the right of the controlled person to a fair hearing".
(3) In the Schedule (control order proceedings etc.), at the end of paragraph 4(2)(a) insert "except where to do so would be incompatible with the right of the controlled person to a fair hearing".
(4) At the end of paragraph 4(3)(d) insert "except where to do so would be incompatible with the right of the controlled person to a fair hearing".
(5) After paragraph 4(5) insert-
"(6) Nothing in this paragraph, or in rules of court made under it, is to be read as requiring the court to act in a manner inconsistent with the right to a fair hearing guaranteed under Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights."."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 48D) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 100; Not-Contents, 104.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||0||47 (+1 tell)||23.5%|
|Lab||94 (+2 tell)||0||44.2%|
|LDem||0||34 (+1 tell)||46.1%|