Consolidated Fund Bill — Electoral Commission (Remuneration of Chairman) — 17 Dec 2008 at 18:21
Patrick McLoughlin MP, West Derbyshire voted with the majority (Aye).
Queen's recommendation signified.
Motion made and Question put,
That the following provision shall be made with respect to the remuneration and expenses of the Chairman of the Electoral Commission ("the chairman"):
(1) In respect of remuneration for service between 1 January 2009 and 31 December 2009, the chairman shall be paid £100,000.
(2) In respect of the year starting with 1 January 2010 and in respect of any subsequent year starting on the anniversary of her appointment, the chairman shall be paid as remuneration for that year the sum payable during the immediately preceding year increased by the same percentage of that sum as the percentage (if any) or total of the percentages (if more than one) used to 10 increase the salary of a High Court Judge during that immediately preceding year.
(3) Where during any of the years referred to above the chairman ceases to hold that office, the sum to be paid to her in respect of the part of the year for which she held office shall be such proportion of the sum which would have been due had she completed that year in office as reflects the portion of that period during which she held the office of chairman.
(4) The chairman shall be reimbursed for any expenses she incurs in connection with the discharge of her duties as chairman on travel, accommodation and subsistence.
(5) The pension of the chairman shall be calculated broadly by analogy with the pension scheme of the staff of the Commission, thereby delivering a pension based on the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme.- (Sir Peter Viggers.)
The House divided: Ayes 324, Noes 32.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Independent||1||2 (+1 tell)||0||66.7%|
|Lab||188 (+2 tell)||25 (+1 tell)||1||62.0%|