Parliamentary Standards Bill — parliamentary standards bill (programme) — 29 Jun 2009 at 21:45
Theresa May MP, Maidenhead did not vote.
Motion made, and Question put forthwith (Standing Order No. 83A) (7)),
That the following provisions shall apply to the Parliamentary Standards Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
2. Proceedings in Committee, any proceedings on consideration and proceedings on Third Reading shall be taken in two days in accordance with the following provisions of this Order.
Proceedings in Committee
3. In Committee, proceedings shall be taken in the following Order: Clause 1, Schedules 1 to 3, Clauses 2 to 5, Clauses 11 to 14, Clauses 6 to 10, new Clauses, new Schedules and remaining proceedings.
4. Proceedings on Clause 1, Schedules 1 to 3, Clauses 2 to 5 and Clauses 11 to 14 shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the first day.
5. Proceedings on Clauses 6 to 10, new Clauses, new Schedules, and remaining proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion two hours before the moment of interruption on the second day.
Proceedings on consideration and Third Reading
6. Any proceedings on consideration and proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the second day.
7. Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings in Committee and on consideration and Third Reading.
8. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed. -(Mark Tami.)
The House divided: Ayes 254, Noes 73.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||0||43 (+2 tell)||0||23.4%|
|Lab||253 (+2 tell)||1||0||73.4%|
|Kate Hoey||Vauxhall||Lab (minister)||no|