Child Poverty Bill — Report — 9 Mar 2010 at 16:10
Lord Laird voted with the majority (Not-Content).
Amendment 1 had been retabled as Amendment 1A.
Moved by Lord Freud
1A: Before Clause 1, insert the following new Clause-
"2010 poverty target
(1) The Secretary of State must, as soon as reasonably practicable after the end of the 2010 target year and in any event not later than 30 June 2012, lay before Parliament a report on whether the 2010 target has been met.
(2) The 2010 target is that in the financial year beginning with 1 April 2010, 1.7 million children or fewer live in qualifying households in the UK that fell within the relative low income group as defined by section 2(2).
(3) The report must be based on statistics that the Statistics Board has designated under section 12 of the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 (assessment) as national statistics.
(4) Whether the target has been met in relation to the 2010 target year is to be determined by reference to the statistics.
(5) If the target has not been met, the report must explain why it has not been met.
(6) "The 2010 target year" is the financial year beginning with 1 April 2010."
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Lab||119 (+2 tell)||0||55.5%|
|LDem||0||49 (+2 tell)||67.1%|