Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill — Programme motion — 12 Oct 2010 at 17:34
Chris Grayling MP, Epsom and Ewell voted to approve proposed rules and timetable for the consideration of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill.
The majority of MPs voted in favour of setting the following rules to govern the progress of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill through the House of Commons: note that vote was about the progress through Parliament of, rather than on the contents of the Bill. The rules were amended by another vote, only a week later.
That the following provisions shall apply to the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill, in addition to those of the Order of 6 September 2010:
- 1. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be taken on each of the days as shown in the following Table and in the order so shown.
- 2. The proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the time shown in the third column of the Table.
Day: Proceedings; Time for conclusion of proceedings
- First day: Clause 1; 11.00 pm.
- Second day: Schedule 1, Clauses 2 and 3, Schedules 2 to 4, Clause 4, Schedule 5, Clauses 5 and 6; 11.00 pm.
- Third day: Clause 7, Schedule 6, Clauses 8 and 9; 11.00 pm.
- Fourth day: Clauses 10 to 13, Schedule 7, Clauses 14 to 17; 9.00 pm.
- Fifth day: New Clauses, New Schedules, remaining proceedings on the Bill; One hour after the moment of interruption.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||268 (+2 tell)||10||0||91.5%|
|Lab||0||230 (+2 tell)||0||89.9%|
|Peter Bone||Wellingborough||Con (front bench)||no|
|Bill Cash||Stone||Con (front bench)||no|
|Christopher Chope||Christchurch||Con (front bench)||no|
|Philip Davies||Shipley||Con (front bench)||no|
|Bernard Jenkin||Harwich and North Essex||Con (front bench)||no|
|Julian Lewis||New Forest East||Con (front bench)||no|
|David Nuttall||Bury North||Con (front bench)||no|
|Richard Shepherd||Aldridge-Brownhills||Con (front bench)||no|
|Peter Tapsell||Louth and Horncastle||Con (front bench)||no|
|Charles Walker||Broxbourne||Con (front bench)||no|