Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill — Clause 2 — Entitlement to vote in the referendum — 18 Oct 2010 at 20:45
Owen Smith MP, Pontypridd voted to exclude citizens of Commonwealth countries or of the Republic of Ireland from voting in the referendum on the system for electing UK MPs.
The majority of MPs voted not to exclude citizens of Commonwealth countries or of the Republic of Ireland from voting in the referendum on the system for electing UK MPs.
- Those entitled to vote in the referendum are—
- (a) the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency, ...
The amendment proposed adding:
- 'with the exception of citizens of Commonwealth countries or, subject to sub-paragraph (c) below, of the Republic of Ireland.'.
-  Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill as introduced
-  Section of Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill as introduced containing p.2
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||278 (+2 tell)||1||0||91.8%|
|Lab||11||181 (+2 tell)||1||75.6%|
|Peter Bottomley||Worthing West||Con||aye|
|Jeffrey M Donaldson||Lagan Valley||DUP||aye|
|Ian Paisley Jnr||North Antrim||DUP||aye|
|Bob Ainsworth||Coventry North East||Lab||no|
|Margaret Beckett||Derby South||Lab||no|
|David Blunkett||Sheffield, Brightside and Hillsborough||Lab||no|
|Paul Goggins||Wythenshawe and Sale East||Lab||no|
|Helen Jones||Warrington North||Lab||no|
|Christopher Leslie||Nottingham East||Lab||no|
|Jim Sheridan||Paisley and Renfrewshire North||Lab||no|
|Graham Stringer||Blackley and Broughton||Lab||no|
|Dave Watts||St Helens North||Lab||both|
|Greg Mulholland||Leeds North West||LDem||aye|
|Stephen Williams||Bristol West||LDem||both|