Fixed Term Parliaments Bill — Clause 2 — Early parliamentary general elections — 1 Dec 2010 at 15:30
Dominic Raab MP, Esher and Walton voted not to prevent a certificate from the Speaker of the House of Commons relating to the calling of a general election being questioned in court.
The majority of MPs voted not to prevent a certificate from the Speaker of the House of Commons relating to the calling of a general election being questioned in court.
- Amendment 6, page 2, line 15, leave out subsection (3) and insert-
- '(3) Any certificate of the Speaker of the House of Commons given under this section shall be conclusive for all purposes and shall not be presented to or questioned in any court of law whatsoever.'.
This amendment would have taken effect on subsection (3) of clause two of the Bill as it stood which stated:
- (3) A certificate under this section is conclusive for all purposes.
-  Fixed Term Parliaments Bill (now an act) page on Parliament's website
-  Amendment sheet for consideration of the Fixed Term Parliaments Bill on 1 December 2010
-  Clause 2 of the Fixed Term Parliaments Bill at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||241 (+2 tell)||8 (+1 tell)||0||82.4%|
|Lab||0||208 (+1 tell)||0||81.3%|
|Robert Buckland||South Swindon||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Bernard Jenkin||Harwich and North Essex||Con (front bench)||tellaye|
|Anne Main||St Albans||Con (front bench)||aye|
|David Nuttall||Bury North||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Jacob Rees-Mogg||North East Somerset||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Richard Shepherd||Aldridge-Brownhills||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Andrew Turner||Isle of Wight||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Charles Walker||Broxbourne||Con (front bench)||aye|