Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill — Special Case for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly — 9 Feb 2011 at 17:51
The majority of members of the House of Lords voted against requiring Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to be included in parliamentary constituencies which are wholly in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The House of Lords was considering the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill. The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 25
- Clause 11, page 11, line 10, at end insert-
- "Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- (1) All parts of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly must be included in constituencies which are wholly in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- (2) Rule 2 does not apply to these constituencies."
Rule 2 is the rule requiring the number of electors in a constituency to be between 95 and 105% of the mean number of electors.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill
-  Clause 11 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||153 (+1 tell)||1||68.0%|
|Lab||0||176 (+1 tell)||70.5%|
|LDem||62 (+1 tell)||10 (+1 tell)||75.5%|
|Finlay of Llandaff||Crossbench||aye|
|Howe of Idlicote||Crossbench||aye|
|Kerr of Kinlochard||Crossbench||aye|
|Low of Dalston||Crossbench||aye|
|The of Mar||Crossbench||aye|
|Martin of Springburn||Crossbench||aye|
|Masham of Ilton||Crossbench||aye|
|Patel of Bradford||Crossbench||aye|
|Rees of Ludlow||Crossbench||aye|
|Robertson of Port Ellen||Crossbench||aye|
|Saltoun of Abernethy||Crossbench||aye|
|The of Sandwich||Crossbench||aye|
|The of Stair||Crossbench||aye|
|Williamson of Horton||Crossbench||aye|
|Young of Hornsey||Crossbench||aye|
|The of Glasgow||LDem||aye|
|Linklater of Butterstone||LDem||aye|
|Maclennan of Rogart||LDem||aye|
|Nicholson of Winterbourne||LDem||aye|
|Steel of Aikwood||LDem||aye|
|Thomas of Walliswood||LDem||aye|