United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973 — Libya — No Fly Zone — 21 Mar 2011 at 21:42
Mark Hoban MP, Fareham voted to support the establishment of a no-fly zone in Libya.
The majority of MPs voted in support of a motion welcoming the use of the UK's military in establishing of a no-fly zone in Libya
- This House
- welcomes United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolution 1973;
- deplores the ongoing use of violence by the Libyan regime;
- acknowledges the demonstrable need, regional support and clear legal basis for urgent action to protect the people of Libya;
- accordingly supports Her Majesty's Government, working with others, in the taking of all necessary measures to protect civilians and civilian populated areas under threat of attack in Libya and to enforce the No Fly Zone, including the use of UK armed forces and military assets in accordance with UNSC Resolution 1973; and
- offers its wholehearted support to the men and women of Her Majesty's armed forces.
No amendment had been selected for this motion.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||279 (+1 tell)||1||0||91.8%|
|Lab||212||9 (+2 tell)||0||86.4%|
|LDem||54 (+1 tell)||0||0||96.5%|
|John Baron||Basildon and Billericay||Con (front bench)||no|
|Graham Allen||Nottingham North||Lab (minister)||no|
|Ronnie Campbell||Blyth Valley||Lab||no|
|Katy Clark||North Ayrshire and Arran||Lab (minister)||tellno|
|Jeremy Corbyn||Islington North||Lab||no|
|Barry Gardiner||Brent North||Lab (minister)||no|
|Roger Godsiff||Birmingham, Hall Green||Lab||no|
|John McDonnell||Hayes and Harlington||Lab||no|
|Yasmin Qureshi||Bolton South East||Lab (minister)||tellno|
|Linda Riordan||Halifax||Lab (minister)||no|
|Mike Wood||Batley and Spen||Lab||no|