Youth Employment Bill — Youth Training and Employment — Bank Bonus Budget Tax — 13 Jul 2011 at 14:50
Robert Buckland MP, South Swindon did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted in favour of a Bill aimed at providing more training and employment opportunities for unemployed young people between the ages of 16 and 25, supported by payments from banks out of their bonus budgets.
The majority of MPs voted in favour of the following motion:
- That leave be given to bring in a Bill to establish a programme to provide training and employment opportunities for unemployed young people between the ages of 16 and 25;
- to establish a comprehensive careers guidance service for young people seeking to enter the job market;
- to enable Apprenticeship Training Agencies to assist small businesses in employing apprentices;
- to provide small businesses with a National Insurance contributions holiday;
- to make provision for grants towards the wage costs of apprentices employed by small businesses;
- to make provision for a mechanism through which banks and other providers of financial services are required to allocate part of their bonus payment budget to support these measures;
- and for connected purposes.
The Bill failed to complete its passage through Parliament before the end of the session. This means the Bill will make no further progress.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Lab||182 (+2 tell)||2 (+2 tell)||0||72.9%|
|Andrew Bingham||High Peak||Con||aye|
|Brian Binley||Northampton South||Con||aye|
|Bob Blackman||Harrow East||Con||aye|
|Mark Garnier||Wyre Forest||Con||aye|
|James Gray||North Wiltshire||Con||aye|
|Greg Knight||East Yorkshire||Con||aye|
|Andrea Leadsom||South Northamptonshire||Con||aye|
|Anne McIntosh||Thirsk and Malton||Con||aye|
|Mark Reckless||Rochester and Strood||Con||aye|
|Iain Stewart||Milton Keynes South||Con||aye|
|Rory Stewart||Penrith and The Border||Con||aye|
|Gavin Williamson||South Staffordshire||Con||aye|
|Andrew Percy||Brigg and Goole||Con||both|
|Stephen Phillips||Sleaford and North Hykeham||Con||both|
|Jeremy Corbyn||Islington North||Lab||tellno|
|Paul Flynn||Newport West||Lab||no|
|Kelvin Hopkins||Luton North||Lab||tellno|
|Austin Mitchell||Great Grimsby||Lab||no|