Health and Social Care Bill — Committee (1st Day) — 25 Oct 2011 at 16:54
Baroness Grey-Thompson voted in the minority (Content).
Relevant document:19th Report from the Delegated Powers Committee.
Moved by Baroness Thornton
1: Before Clause 1, insert the following new Clause-
"Principles of the Health Service in England
(1) Any person or body performing functions or exercising powers under this Act in relation to the Health Service in England must have regard to the principles and values outlined in the NHS Constitution.
(2) Any person or body performing functions or exercising powers under this Act in relation to the Health Service in England, or providing services as part of the Health Service in England, must provide quality, equity, integration and accountability, not the market.
(3) The primacy of patient care shall not be compromised by any structural or financial re-organisation of the Health Service in England.
(4) There must be transparency and openness wherever taxpayers' money is being spent, and all accountable individuals and bodies should abide by the Nolan principles.
(5) "The Nolan principles" means the seven general principles of public life set out in the First Report of the Committee on Standards in Public Life (Cm 2850).
(6) Schedule (Principles of the Health Service in England) has effect."
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||146 (+1 tell)||0||64.5%|
|Lab||0||169 (+2 tell)||67.9%|
|LDem||58 (+1 tell)||1||61.2%|