Local Government Finance Bill (Money) — 10 Jan 2012 at 22:15
Peter Aldous MP, Waveney voted to fund support paying council tax for those in financial need and to fund technical reforms to council tax
The majority of MPs voted in favour of the following motion proposed by Jeremy Wright MP
- That, for the purposes of any Act resulting from the Local Government Finance Bill, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of money provided by Parliament of—
- (a) any expenditure incurred by the Secretary of State in consequence of the Act, and
- (b) any increase attributable to the Act in the sums payable under any other Act out of money so provided
Had this motion not passed central government would not have been able to provide money to local Government to fund support paying council tax for those in financial need; or to fund the technical reforms to council tax provided for in the bill.
Costs anticipated to be incurred as a result of the Bill were itemised in the Summary impact assessment
-  Official Record, House of Commons 10 January 2012
-  Parliament's webpage on the Local Government Finance Bill (Now the Local Government Finance Act 2012)
-  Local Government Finance Bill Summary impact assessment
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||260 (+1 tell)||0||0||85.3%|
|Lab||0||186 (+2 tell)||0||72.9%|
|LDem||48 (+1 tell)||0||0||86.0%|