Finance Bill — Schedule 23 — Air Passenger Duty — 18 Apr 2012 at 21:05
Mark Hoban MP, Fareham voted against devolving responsibility for Air Passenger Duty to the Scottish Parliament.
The majority of MPs voted against devolving responsibility for Air Passenger Duty to the Scottish Parliament.
The text of the rejected amendment stated:
- 61, page 536, line 17, at end insert—
- ‘(1) The Scotland Act, Schedule 5, section A1 (exceptions) is amended as follows:
- (2) After ‘rates)’, insert—
- “(1) Air Passenger Duty on all flights that are—
- (a) originating from an airport or aerodrome in Scotland and,
- (b) not part of a connecting flight from—
- (i) a domestic UK airport or aerodrome, or
- (ii) a territory specified in Part 1 of Schedule 5A of the Finance Act 1994.”’.
The amendment added the above elements to a list of those areas which are exempt from being "reserved" to the UK Parliament.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||265 (+1 tell)||0||0||86.9%|
|LDem||42 (+1 tell)||0||0||75.4%|
|PC||0||1 (+1 tell)||0||66.7%|
|SNP||0||5 (+1 tell)||0||100.0%|