Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill — Clause 13 — Recommendations to Office of Fair Trading — 26 Feb 2013 at 15:58
Patrick McLoughlin MP, Derbyshire Dales did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted against requiring the Office of Fair Trading to publish a response to any recommendations for changes to the Groceries Code proposed by the Groceries Code Adjudicator.
- Amendment proposed: 3, page 5, line 18, at end insert—
- ‘(2) The Office of Fair Trading shall be required to publish a response to the Adjudicator on the recommendations set out in subsection (1) explaining whether they will be acted upon or not.’.
Had it not been rejected this amendment would have resulted in the above text being added to Clause 13 of the Bill which at the time of the vote was titled Recommendations to Office of Fair Trading and stated:
- If the Adjudicator considers it appropriate for any changes to be made to the Groceries Code, he or she must recommend them to the Office of Fair Trading.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill (now an act)
-  Explanatory notes to the Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill
-  Clause 13 of the Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||215 (+2 tell)||1||0||71.5%|
|Lab||0||183 (+2 tell)||0||71.7%|
|Kwasi Kwarteng||Spelthorne||Con (front bench)||aye|