Public Service Pensions Bill — Schedule 1 — Pension Age for Defence Fire and Rescue Service Firefighters — 22 Apr 2013 at 17:30
Patrick McLoughlin MP, Derbyshire Dales did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted against setting the pension age for Defence Fire and Rescue Service firefighters at 60, in line with firefighters in regional fire services.
The Defence Fire and Rescue Service, is staffed by civilians.
MPs were considering the Public Service Pensions Bill. The motion approved in this vote was:
- That this House disagrees with Lords amendment 78.
- Page 23, line 20, at end insert—
- “(c) the Defence Fire and Rescue Service”
This amendment added the Defence Fire and Rescue Service to those defined as Fire and rescue workers in Schedule 1 to the Public Service Pensions Bill, and so include them as "persons in public service" who the Bill affects.
Clause 9(2) of the Bill provides that the normal pension age for firefighters, members of police forces, and members of the armed forces should be 60, rather than the person’s state pension age, or 65 if that is higher.
The rejected Lords amendment would have included Defence Fire and Rescue Service firefighters among those for whom the lower pension age of 60 would apply.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Public Service Pensions Bill
-  Lords amendments to the Public Service Pensions Bill
-  Page of Lords amendments to the Public Service Pensions Bill containing amendment 78
-  Schedule 1 to the Public Service Pensions Bill.
-  Clause 9(2) of the Public Service Pensions Bill - Pension Age
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||241 (+2 tell)||0||0||79.7%|
|Lab||0||202 (+2 tell)||0||79.4%|
|Michael Crockart||Edinburgh West||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Alan Reid||Argyll and Bute||LDem (front bench)||no|