Defence Reform Bill — New Clause 3 — Report and Parliamentary Approval of Plans on the Future of the Reserve Forces — 20 Nov 2013 at 17:45
Anna Soubry MP, Broxtowe voted against requiring a report, and the approval of Parliament, before implementing plans to reform the reserve forces.
The majority of MPs against requiring a report, and the approval of Parliament, before implementing plans to reform the reserve forces.
The plans include:
- Closer working between regular and reserve units.
- Reservists given access to the Armed Forces Pension Scheme.
- Restructuring payments to reservists.
- Civilian accreditation of military provided training
MPs were considering the Defence Reform Bill when they rejected the following new clause via this vote:
- ‘(1) Within one month of the passage of this Act, the Secretary of State shall make and lay before Parliament a report on the viability and cost effectiveness of the plans set out in Reserves in the Future Force 2020: Valuable and Valued, Cmd 8655, together with his recommendation on its further implementation.
- (2) Further implementation of the plans shall be halted 40 days after the laying of the report unless both Houses shall have resolved to approve the recommendation from the Secretary of State contained in the report.’
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||257 (+1 tell)||9 (+2 tell)||0||88.2%|
|LDem||45 (+1 tell)||1||0||83.9%|
|John Baron||Basildon and Billericay||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Brian Binley||Northampton South||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Peter Bone||Wellingborough||Con (front bench)||tellaye|
|James Clappison||Hertsmere||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Philip Davies||Shipley||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Richard Drax||South Dorset||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||tellaye|
|Julian Lewis||New Forest East||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Jack Lopresti||Filton and Bradley Stoke||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Anne Main||St Albans||Con (front bench)||aye|
|David Nuttall||Bury North||Con (front bench)||aye|
|John Hemming||Birmingham, Yardley||LDem (front bench)||aye|