European Union (Definition of Treaties) (Colombia and Peru Trade Agreement) Order 2013 — 4 Dec 2013 at 20:53
John Baron MP, Basildon and Billericay voted in favour of an EU trade agreement with Colombia and Peru
The majority of MPs voted in favour of an EU trade agreement with Colombia and Peru
In the committee considering the order Michael Fallon MP summarised the content of the agreement:
- This trade agreement is comprehensive. It includes substantially improved market access for our exports to Colombia and Peru through tariff elimination, the removal of technical and procedural obstacles to trade, improved market access in government procurement and services, common rules to level the playing field in areas such as the protection of intellectual property, and greater transparency on subsidies and processes to settle disputes.
The motion voted on was:
- That the draft European Union (Definition of Treaties) (Colombia and Peru Trade Agreement) Order 2013, which was laid before this House on 21 October, be approved.
-  Seventh Delegated Legislation Committee - Tuesday 26 November 2013
-  The European Union (Definition of Treaties) (Colombia and Peru Trade Agreement) Order 2013
-  Trade Agreement between the European Union and Colombia and Peru
-  Consideration of European Union (Definition of Treaties) (Colombia and Peru Trade Agreement) Order 2013 by the House of Lords Grand Committee Monday, 2 December 2013
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Richard Shepherd||Aldridge-Brownhills||Con (front bench)||no|
|Hywel Williams||Arfon||PC (front bench)||aye|