Opposition Day — Energy Price Freeze — 2 Apr 2014 at 15:38
Zac Goldsmith MP, Richmond Park voted against freezing electricity and gas prices whilst the energy market is reformed.
The majority of MPs voted against freezing electricity and gas prices whilst the energy market is reformed.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs was:
- That this House
- welcomes the decision to refer the energy market to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) for investigation;
- believes that this confirms that the energy market is broken;
- notes that this investigation could take up to 18 months and will not report until late 2015;
- further notes the decision by Scottish and Southern Energy to freeze electricity and gas prices until 2016;
- further believes that all households and businesses should be protected from any more unfair price rises while the CMA investigation is ongoing; and
- calls on the Government to freeze electricity and gas prices whilst the energy market is reformed to improve transparency, competition and accountability.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||235 (+1 tell)||0||0||77.4%|
|Lab||0||235 (+2 tell)||0||91.9%|
|LDem||40 (+1 tell)||0||0||73.2%|