Finance Bill — Clause 5 — Report on Futher Corporation Tax Cut — 8 Apr 2014 at 15:15
Dominic Grieve MP, Beaconsfield did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted not to require a report on the impact of an additional cut of one per cent to main rate Corporation Tax on businesses, including small and medium sized enterprises.
MPs were considering the Finance Bill. The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- amendment 2, page 3, line 28, at end insert—
- ‘( ) The Chancellor of the Exchequer shall undertake a review, within six months of the passing of this Act, on the impact of an additional cut of one per cent to the main rate of Corporation Tax for financial year 2015-16, with particular reference to—
- (a) the impact on businesses with fewer than 50 employees;
- (b) the impact on investment by businesses with fewer than 50 employees; and
- (c) alternative tax measures, including non-domestic rates, which would have a greater benefit for businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
- ( ) The Chancellor of the Exchequer must publish the report of the review and lay the report before the House.’.
An explanation of the effect of this amendment was provided:
- This amendment would require the Chancellor of the Exchequer to publish a report on the impact of a cut of one per cent to main rate Corporation Tax on businesses, including small and medium sized enterprises
Page 3 line 28 is in the contents. Presumably the reference is intended to be to line 28 on page 5 which would result in the amendment being to Clause 5 of the Bill which was left unchanged as saying just:
- Corporation tax is charged for the financial year 2015.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Finance Bill 2014
-  Clause 5 of the Finance Bill 2014 as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||238 (+2 tell)||0||0||78.7%|
|Lab||0||205 (+2 tell)||0||80.2%|