Infrastructure Bill [HL] — Report (1st Day) — 3 Nov 2014 at 17:53
Lord Prescott voted in the minority (Content).
Clause 1: Appointment of strategic highways companies
Amendments 2B to 8 not moved.
Moved by Lord Berkeley
9: After Clause 1, insert the following new Clause-
“Strategic highways company licences
(1) A licence under section 1 may include-
(a) such conditions (whether or not relating to the licence holder’s being responsible for assets under the authorisation of the licence) as appear to the grantor to be requisite or expedient having regard to the duties imposed by section 4; and
(b) conditions requiring the rendering to-of a payment on the grant of the licence, or payments during the currency of the licence, or both, of such amounts or amounts as may be determined by or under the licence.
(i) the Secretary of State,
(ii) the Office of Rail Regulation, or
(iii) any other person, or any other person of a class or description, specified in the licence, except a Minister of the Crown or Government department,
of a payment on the grant of the licence, or payments during the currency of the licence, or both, of such amounts or amounts as may be determined by or under the licence.
(2) Conditions included in a licence under subsection (1)(a)-
(a) may require the licence holder to enter into any agreement with any person for such purposes as may be specified in the conditions; and
(b) may include provision for determining the terms on which such agreements are to be entered into.
(3) Conditions included in a licence under subsection (1)(a) may require the licence holder-
(a) to comply with any requirements from time to time imposed by a qualified person with respect to such matters as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(b) except in so far as a qualified person consents to his doing or not doing them, not to do or to do such things as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(c) to refer for determination by a qualified person such questions arising under the licence as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(d) to refer for approval by a qualified person such things falling to be done under the licence as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(e) to furnish to a qualified person such documents or other information as he may require for the purpose of exercising any functions conferred or imposed on him under or by virtue of the licence;
(f) to furnish to the Secretary of State or the Office of Rail Regulation such documents or other information as he may require for the purpose of exercising the functions assigned or transferred to him or it under or by virtue of this Act.
(4) Conditions included in a licence may contain provision for the conditions to cease to have effect or be modified at such times, in such manner and in such circumstances as may be specified in or determined by or under the conditions; and any provision included by virtue of this subsection in a licence shall have effect in addition to the provision made by this Part with respect to the modification of the conditions of a licence.
(5) Subsections (2) and (4) are without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1)(a).
(6) Any reference in subsection (3) to a “qualified person” is a reference to-
(a) a person specified in the licence in question for the purpose in question, or
(b) a person of a description so specified,
and includes a reference to a person nominated for that purpose by such a person pursuant to the licence.
(7) Any sums received by the Secretary of State or the Office of Rail Regulation in consequence of the provisions of any condition of a licence shall be paid into the Consolidated Fund.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||144 (+1 tell)||0||61.7%|
|Lab||0||139 (+2 tell)||62.9%|
|LDem||71 (+1 tell)||0||67.9%|
|Lord Alton of Liverpool||Crossbench||aye|
|The Earl of Clancarty||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Eames||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Lord Elystan-Morgan||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Finlay of Llandaff||Crossbench||aye|
|Baroness Howarth of Breckland||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Howe of Idlicote||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Laming||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Morgan of Drefelin||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Patel of Bradford||Crossbench||aye|
|Lord Skidelsky||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Lord Walpole||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|
|Baroness Young of Hornsey||Crossbench (front bench)||aye|