Income Tax 2015-16 — 23 Mar 2015 at 21:39
The majority of MPs voted to charge income tax in the 2015-16 financial year and to set the basic rate at 20%, the higher rate at 40% and the additional rate at 45%.
The majority of MPs voted in favour of a motion stating:
- (1) Income tax is charged for the tax year 2015-16.
- (2) For that tax year—
- (a) the basic rate is 20%,
- (b) the higher rate is 40%, and
- (c) the additional rate is 45%.
- And it is declared that it is expedient in the public interest that this Resolution should have statutory effect under the provisions of the Provisional Collection of Taxes Act 1968.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||286 (+1 tell)||0||0||94.7%|
|Lab||0||230 (+2 tell)||0||89.9%|
|LDem||44 (+1 tell)||0||0||80.4%|