European Union (Finance) Bill — Clause 2 — Timetable for Implementation of New Arrangements for Funding the European Union — 23 Jun 2015 at 15:15
John Baron MP, Basildon and Billericay voted to make new arrangements for funding the European Union come into force two months after the European Union (Finance) Bill becomes law.
The majority of MPs voted to make new arrangements for funding the European Union come into force two months after the European Union (Finance) Bill becomes law.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 1, page 1, line 18, leave out subsection (3).
Clause 2 subsection (3) referred to states:
- This Act comes into force at the end of the period of 2 months beginning with the day on which it is passed.
An explanatory note accompanying the amendment stated:
- This amendment removes the automatic coming into force of the Act two months after it is passed, which would be incompatible with any of the new Clauses.
New clause one which was agreed without objection prior to this vote included a sub-clause stating:
- This Act shall come into force on such day as the Treasury shall by order specify.
The European Union (Finance) Bill seeks to give effect to the new Own Resources Decision of the European Union (EU Council Decision of 26 May 2014: 2014/335/EU, Euratom), amending the arrangements for the financing of the annual budget of the EU.
-  Parliament's webpage on the European Union (Finance) Bill
-  Explanatory notes to the European Union (Finance) Bill
-  The European Union (Finance) Bill as at the time of the vote
-  Official Record, House of Commons, 23 June 2015
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||297 (+2 tell)||0||0||90.6%|
|Lab||0||196 (+2 tell)||0||85.3%|