Housing and Planning Bill — Clause 3 — Duty to Promote Other Types of Affordable Housing As Well as the Supply of Starter Homes in England — 5 Jan 2016 at 22:58
Anna Soubry MP, Broxtowe voted against requiring English planning authorities to promote the supply of other types of affordable housing as well as starter homes.
The majority of MPs voted against requiring English planning authorities to promote the supply of other types of affordable housing as well as starter homes.
MPs were considering the Housing and Planning Bill
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 110, page 2, line 28, after “starter homes” insert
- “and other types of affordable housing”.—
An explanatory statement accompanying the rejected amendment stated:
- This amendment would ensure that new developments include a range of affordable housing options, to rent and buy.
The rejected amendment would have affected clause 3 of the Bill which began:
- An English planning authority must carry out its relevant planning functions with a view to promoting the supply of starter homes in England.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Housing and Planning Bill
-  Official Record, House of Commons, 5 Jan 2016
-  Clause 3 of the Housing and Planning Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||301 (+2 tell)||0||0||91.8%|
|Lab||0||177 (+1 tell)||0||76.7%|
|LDem||0||7 (+1 tell)||0||100.0%|