High Speed Rail (London — West Midlands) Bill — New Clause 8 — Office of the HS2 Adjudicator to Protect the Environment and Communities — 23 Mar 2016 at 16:16
Andrew Bridgen MP, North West Leicestershire voted in the minority (Teller for the Ayes).
The majority of MPs voted against having an adjudicator to protect the natural environment and communities impacted by the construction and operation of Phase 1 of High Speed 2.
MPs were considering the High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill.
The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was titled: Office of the HS2 Adjudicator and stated:
- ‘(1) There is to be a body corporate known as the Office of the HS2 Adjudicator hereinafter referred to as “the Adjudicator”.
- (2) Schedule [Adjudicator: status and funding] (which makes further provision about the Adjudicator) shall have effect.
- (3) The Adjudicator has the functions conferred on it by or under any enactment.
- (4) Those functions include—
- (a) enforced functions
- (b) inspection functions,
- (c) information functions.
- (5) The main objective of the Adjudicator in performing its functions is to protect the natural environment and communities impacted by the construction and operation of Phase 1 of High Speed 2.
- (6) The Adjudicator is to perform its functions for the general purpose of securing—
- (a) the minimisation of adverse impacts on communities and the natural environment situated in locations affected by the construction or operation of Phase 1 of HS2,
- (b) the provision of additional mitigation measures in the event the environmental impacts of the operation of HS2 are worse than as set out in the environmental statement prepared in accordance with section 66(4).
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||242 (+2 tell)||20 (+2 tell)||0||80.6%|