Draft Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses (Amendment) Regulations 2016 — Ban on Only Advertising Jobs Abroad — 13 Apr 2016 at 19:53
Jeremy Corbyn MP, Islington North voted against making it illegal for employment agencies to recruit solely from abroad without advertising those jobs in Britain and in English.
The majority of MPs voted to make it illegal for employment agencies to recruit solely from abroad without advertising those jobs in Britain and in English.
The majority of MPs supporting the motion were also approving other changes to the law aimed at reducing the regulation of employment agencies and employment businesses.
Employment agencies employ staff who do work for a hirer, employment businesses put hirers and prospective staff in touch with each other. The the approved regulations:
- Removed a ban on agencies and employment businesses purporting to act like each other.
- Removed a ban on agencies and employment businesses entering into a contract on behalf of a client.
- Removed a requirement for written terms which apply or will apply between the agency or employment business and the hirer.
- Removed a requirement for subcontracting agencies and employment businesses to check their subcontractor is "is suitable to act as an agency or employment business" and has "received satisfactory answers to those enquiries".
The motion supported by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That the draft Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses (Amendment) Regulations 2016, which were laid before this House on 25 February, be approved.
-  Record of division on Parliament's website
-  Draft explanatory memorandum to the Draft Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|