Social Care — Bring Forward Promised Funding — 16 Nov 2016 at 18:48
Kevan Jones MP, North Durham voted to provide additional funds for social care sooner.
The majority of MPs voted against providing additional funds for social care sooner.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs was:
- That this House
- notes the serious concerns expressed about the social care system, including by the Local Government Association, The Association of Directors of Adult Social Services and the Care Quality Commission;
- calls on the Government to urgently bring forward promised funding to address the current funding crisis and to put in place a longer-term settlement to ensure that the social care system is sustainable going forward; and
- further calls on the Government to ensure that the most vulnerable in society are guaranteed the adequate and sustainable care they deserve.
During the debate the MP who moved the motion, Barbara Keeley, (Labour, Worsley and Eccles South) indicated the promised funding referred to relates to the "Better Care Fund", funding for social care in local councils, planned to be at £1.5bn by 2019-20.
Social care includes personal care and practical assistance provided for people in need, this could be required because of age, illness, disability, or a range of other circumstances.
-  Barbara Keeley MP (Labour, Worsley and Eccles South), House of Commons, 16 November 2016
-  Autumn Statement 2015
-  Social care definition derived from Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||278 (+2 tell)||1||0||85.7%|
|Lab||0||185 (+2 tell)||0||80.6%|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||aye|