Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill — Clause 1 — Part Time Service in the Armed Forces and Breaks from Full-Time Service — 11 Oct 2017 at 17:00
Lord Prescott was absent
The majority of members of the House of Lords voted in favour of allowing members of the armed forces to serve part time and against allowing a member of the regular armed services to take breaks from full-time service.
The House of Lords was considering the Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill .
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Clause 1, page 1, leave out lines 6 and 7 and insert—“(ha) enabling a person serving with a regular force to take breaks from full-time service subject to prescribed conditions
At the time of the vote Clause 1 began:
- Regular forces: part-time service and geographic restrictions
- (1) The Armed Forces Act 2006 is amended as follows.
- (2) Section 329 (terms and conditions of enlistment and service) is amended in accordance with subsections (3) and (4).
- (3) In subsection (2)—
- (a) after paragraph (h) insert—
- “(ha) enabling a person to serve with a regular force on a part-time basis;”, and ...
Lines 6-7 refer to subclause (3)(a)
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Con||163 (+2 tell)||2||61.4%|
|Crossbench||7||39 (+2 tell)||26.1%|
|Independent Ulster Unionist||1||0||100.0%|
|Lord Glenarthur||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Lord Burns||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Crisp||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Janvrin||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord St John of Bletso||Crossbench (front bench)||no|
|Lord Hope of Craighead||Judge (front bench)||no|
|Lord Dykes||LDem (front bench)||aye|