Counting votes on your behalf
Patrick McLoughlin MP, West Derbyshire did not vote.
Motion made, and Question proposed,
That the following provisions shall apply to the House of Commons (Removal of Clergy Disqualification) Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
2. Proceedings in the Committee of the whole House shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at Eight o'clock on the day on which those proceedings are commenced or, if that day is Thursday, at Five o'clock on that day.
3. Any proceedings on consideration, and proceedings on Third Reading, shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at Ten o'clock on that day or, if that day is Thursday, at Seven o'clock on that day.
4. Sessional Order B (Programming Committees) made by the House on 7th November 2000 shall not apply to proceedings in Committee of the whole House or on consideration and Third Reading.
5. Paragraphs (6) and (7) of Sessional Order A (varying and supplementing programme motions) made by the House on 7th November 2000 shall not apply to proceedings on any motion to vary or supplement this order for the purpose of allocating time to proceedings on consideration of any Lords amendments, or on any further messages from the Lords, and the question on any such motion shall be put forthwith. --[Mr. Mike O'Brien.]
Question put: --
The House proceeded to a Division--
The House divided: Ayes 278, Noes 57.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||3||32 (+1 tell)||1||23.1%|
|Lab||273 (+2 tell)||0||0||65.9%|
|LDem||0||20 (+1 tell)||0||44.7%|
|Mr David Atkinson||Bournemouth East||Con||aye|
|Peter Bottomley||Worthing West||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Peter Tapsell||Louth and Horncastle||Con||aye|
|Laurence Robertson||Tewkesbury||Con (front bench)||both|