Water Bill [HL] — 24 Jun 2003 at 22:35
Baroness Crawley voted with the majority (Teller for the Not-Contents).
Clause 64 [Regional flood defence committees]:
moved Amendment No. 158:
Page 81, line 25, at end insert-
"(5) Subsections (1) to (4) above shall have effect until December 2007.
(6) On 1st December 2007 section 14 (regional flood defence committees) of the Environment Act 1995 shall be repealed.
(7) From 1st December 2007 the Secretary of State shall, by order, establish a river basin management committee in place of each regional flood defence committee which will cease to exist under subsection (5).
(8) The timescale for the establishment of river basin management committees under subsection (7) shall be in accordance with Article 14 of the Water Framework Directive.
(9) Each river basin management committee shall include-
(a) elected local authority members from the local authorities which are located in part or entirely within the river basin covered by the committee; and
(b) other members whom the Secretary of State considers to offer substantial local knowledge on issues within the competence of the committee.
(10) Each river basin management committee shall inherit all of the powers and duties of the regional flood defence committee it shall replace.
(11) Each river basin management committee shall develop policies and a river basin management plan in consultation with the Environment Agency.
(12) Each river basin management committee may, where the size of the river basin so necessitates, and after consulting the Secretary of State, establish such sub-basin management committees as it considers appropriate.
(13) From 1st December 2007 the amendments made in subsections (2) to (4) to Schedule 4 to the Environment Act 1995 shall have effect as if references to "regional flood defence committee" or any variant thereof were to "river basin management committee" or the appropriate variant."
On Question, Whether the said amendment (No. 158) shall be agreed to?
Their Lordships divided: Contents, 17; Not-Contents, 30.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Not-Content)||Minority (Content)||Turnout|
|Lab||28 (+2 tell)||0||16.0%|
|LDem||0||5 (+2 tell)||10.8%|