Lisbon Treaty — Clause on 'Commencement' of the Bill should remain in the Bill — 5 Mar 2008 at 18:30
John Prescott MP, Kingston upon Hull East did not vote.
- Streamline EU institutions
- Establish a permanent President of the European Council (as of 16 March 2010 held by Herman Van Rompuy)
- Establish the post of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy (as of 16 March 2010 held by Catherine Ashton)
- Give new powers to the EU over justice and home affairs
- Remove the national veto in some areas such as energy security and emergency aid
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||1||186 (+2 tell)||0||97.9%|
|Lab||308 (+2 tell)||6||0||89.8%|
|Kenneth Clarke||Rushcliffe||Con (front bench)||aye|
|Ronnie Campbell||Blyth Valley||Lab||no|
|Ian Davidson||Glasgow South West||Lab (minister)||no|
|David Drew||Stroud||Lab (minister)||no|
|Kelvin Hopkins||Luton North||Lab (minister)||no|
|George Mudie||Leeds East||Lab (minister)||no|
|David Taylor||North West Leicestershire||Lab (minister)||no|
|Annette Brooke||Mid Dorset and North Poole||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Sandra Gidley||Romsey||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Mike Hancock||Portsmouth South||LDem (front bench)||no|
|John Hemming||Birmingham, Yardley||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Paul Holmes||Chesterfield||LDem (front bench)||no|
|John Pugh||Southport||LDem (front bench)||no|
|Richard Younger-Ross||Teignbridge||LDem (front bench)||no|