Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill (Money) — 6 Sep 2010 at 21:43
George Osborne MP, Tatton did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted to authorise spending the money required to enact the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill and pay the costs of the referendum on the alternative vote and the costs of the process of redrawing constituencies should the bill become law.
The text of the motion passed read:
- That, for the purposes of any Act resulting from the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill, it is expedient to authorise-
- (1) the payment out of money provided by Parliament of-
- (a) any expenditure incurred under the Act by a Minister of the Crown, and
- (b) any increase attributable to the Act in the sums payable under any other Act out of money so provided, and
- (2) the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of-
- (a) the charges payable to Regional Counting Officers and counting officers in connection with the referendum on the voting system for parliamentary elections,
- (b) sums payable in respect of increases in superannuation contributions required to be paid by local authorities in consequence of fees paid as part of those charges, and
- (c) any increase attributable to the Act in the sums payable under any other Act out of that Fund, and
- (3) the payment of sums into the Consolidated Fund.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (Aye)||Minority (No)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||265 (+2 tell)||4||0||88.6%|
|Lab||0||73 (+2 tell)||0||29.1%|
|Bill Cash||Stone||Con (front bench)||no|
|Philip Davies||Shipley||Con (front bench)||no|
|Philip Hollobone||Kettering||Con (front bench)||no|
|David Nuttall||Bury North||Con (front bench)||no|