Civil Aviation Bill — Clause 84 — Requirement for Civil Aviation Authority to Publish Information on Greenhouse Gas Emissions — 25 Apr 2012 at 19:00
Anna Soubry MP, Broxtowe voted against requiring the Civil Aviation Authority to publish information on greenhouse gas emissions resulting from air travel to and from civil airports.
The majority of MPs voted against requiring the Civil Aviation Authority to publish information on greenhouse gas emissions resulting from air travel to and from civil airports.
MPs were considering the Civil Aviation Bill. The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 6, page 52, line 11, at end insert—
- ‘(d) greenhouse gas emissions resulting from the use of international air transport services from a civil airport and domestic air transport services to or from a civil airport.’.
Had the amendment not been rejected the above text would have been added to the end of subclause 84(1) of the Bill, titled Environmental information which stated:
- The CAA must publish, or arrange for the publication of, such information and advice as it considers appropriate relating to—
- (a) the environmental effects of civil aviation in the United Kingdom,
- (b) how human health and safety is, or may be, affected by such effects, and
- (c) measures taken, or to be taken, with a view to reducing, controlling or mitigating the adverse environmental effects of civil aviation in the United Kingdom.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Civil Aviation Bill
-  Clause 84 of the Civil Aviation Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||235 (+1 tell)||0||0||77.1%|
|Lab||0||196 (+2 tell)||0||77.0%|
|LDem||38 (+1 tell)||0||0||68.4%|