Transparency of Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill — Clause 36 — Provision of Union Membership Audit Certificates to Regulator — 11 Sep 2013 at 17:00
George Osborne MP, Tatton did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted to require a register of the names and addresses of members of a trade union to be sent to the regulator, the Certification Officer, for each annual reporting period rather than just in the event of a complaint.
MPs were considering the Transparency of Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill. The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 103, page 37, line 39, leave out
- ‘in relation to each reporting period’
- and insert
- (a) a formal complaint is received by the Certification Officer that would result in the Certification Officer requiring a membership audit in relation to the reporting period when the complaint was verified and
- (b) the Certification Officer determined that a certificate was required.’
The paragraph within Clause 36 which would have been amended stated:
- A trade union required to maintain a register of the names and addresses of its members by section 24 must send to the Certification Officer a membership audit certificate in relation to each reporting period.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Transparency of Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill
-  Clause 36 of the Transparency of Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill as at the time of the vote
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||248 (+1 tell)||0||0||81.6%|
|Lab||0||225 (+2 tell)||0||88.0%|
|LDem||43 (+1 tell)||0||0||78.6%|