Care Bill — New Clause 25 — New Offence Relating to Misuse of Information from the Health and Social Care Information Centre. — 11 Mar 2014 at 14:30
Oliver Letwin MP, West Dorset did not vote.
The majority of MPs voted against creating a new specific offence of misusing, or negligently allowing the misuse of, information they requested and received from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
MPs were considering the Care Bill. The proposed new clause rejected in this vote was:
- ‘(1) A person or entity commits an offence if they misuse, or negligently allow the misuse of information they have requested and received from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
- (2) “Misuse” means—
- (a) using information in a way that violates the agreement with the Health and Social Care Information Centre;
- (b) using information in a way that does not violate the agreement with the Health and Social Care Information Centre, but that gives rise to use that is outside the agreed limits of use; or
- (c) using information supplied by the Health and Social Care Information Centre in such a way as to allow or enable individual patients to be identified by a third party.
- (3) A person who is guilty of an offence under subsection (1) is liable—
- (a) on summary conviction, to an unlimited fine;
- (b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for not more than two years or a fine, or both.
- (4) An entity who is guilty of an offence under subsection (1)—
- (a) is liable to an unlimited fine; and
- (b) must disclose the conviction on all future applications to access data from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.’
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||248 (+2 tell)||0||0||82.0%|
|Lab||0||215 (+2 tell)||0||84.1%|