Transport for London Bill — New Clause 1 — Disposal of TfL Assets for Development (Disclosure) — 16 Mar 2015 at 19:45
Anna Soubry MP, Broxtowe voted against requiring TfL to publish a list of non-operational sites it owns where development could occur, or is under consideration.
The majority of MPs voted against requiring Transport for London to publish a list of non-operational assets (land) which could be developed and to identify those sites being actively considered for development.
The intent of the rejected new clause, in conjunction with related amendments, appeared to be to ensure public awareness of, and consultation on, the potential disposal of land by TfL for developments which might be essential for future transport improvements.
MPs were considering the Transport for London Bill
The motion which was the subject of this vote was:
- That the clause be read a Second time.
The clause in question was:
- (1) Within 3 months of this Act receiving Royal Assent, TfL shall publish a list of non-operational assets held by itself or a subsidiary that it regards as eligible for development, banded by value.
- (2) Thereafter, TfL shall publish each year a list of non-operational assets that are under consideration for development where steps towards such development are planned to commence within the next 12 months.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Transport for London Bill 2010-12 to 2014-15
-  Official Record, House of Commons, 16 March 2015
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||144 (+1 tell)||0||0||47.9%|
|Lab||0||7 (+1 tell)||1||3.5%|
|LDem||22 (+1 tell)||0||0||41.1%|
|Respect||0||0 (+1 tell)||0||100.0%|
|Paul Flynn||Newport West||Lab (minister)||both|