Trade Union Bill — Clause 14 — Deduction of Union Subscriptions from Public Service Workers in Devolved Administrations and Local Government — 10 Nov 2015 at 18:11
Rehman Chishti MP, Gillingham and Rainham voted not to allow trade union subscriptions to be deducted from the wages of workers in certain public services run by the devolved administrations or local government.
The majority of MPs voted not to allow trade union subscriptions to be deducted from the wages of workers in certain public services run by the devolved administrations or local government.
MPs were considering the Trade Union Bill.
The amendment rejected in this vote was:
- Amendment 9, page 12, line 8, at end insert—
- ‘(3) None of the provisions of this section shall apply to services the provision of which is devolved wholly or partially to the Scottish Government, Welsh Government, Northern Ireland Executive, Mayor of London or local authorities in England.’
An explanatory note accompanying the rejected amendment stated:
- The amendment would ensure that the provisions with regard to the prohibition on deduction of union subscriptions from wages in public sector would not apply to services devolved to the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government, the Northern Ireland Executive, the Mayor of London or local authorities in England.
The rejected amendment would have impacted clause 14 of the Bill descriptively titled: Prohibition on deduction of union subscriptions from wages in public sector.
-  Parliament's webpage on the Trade Union Bill
-  Clause 14 of the Trade Union Bill (HTML Page numbering is a page out)
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What is Tell? '+1 tell' means that in addition one member of that party was a teller for that division lobby.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||304 (+2 tell)||0||0||92.7%|
|Lab||0||205 (+2 tell)||0||89.6%|