Opposition Day — HMRC Office Closures — 24 Nov 2015 at 18:46
Oliver Letwin MP, West Dorset voted in favour of the programme of HMRC office closures.
The majority of MPs voted in favour of the Government's programme of HMRC office closures.
The motion rejected by the majority of MPs in this vote was:
- That this House
- condemns the proposed closure of HMRC offices in Scotland and throughout the UK;
- believes that this will result in a reduced service to the public;
- is concerned about the potential loss of tax yield;
- is further concerned at the loss of jobs and expertise in local communities;
- further believes that this will undermine efforts to reduce the tax gap :which currently stands at £34 billion;
- also believes that this proposal will undermine the ability of SMEs to access information and advice and that the proposed closure programme is flawed and counterproductive; and
- calls on the Government to halt its programme of HMRC office closures.
Votes by party, red entries are votes against the majority for that party.
What are Boths? An MP can vote both aye and no in the same division. The boths page explains this.
What is Turnout? This is measured against the total membership of the party at the time of the vote.
|Party||Majority (No)||Minority (Aye)||Both||Turnout|
|Con||301 (+2 tell)||1||0||92.1%|
|SNP||0||49 (+2 tell)||0||94.4%|
|Philip Davies||Shipley||Con (front bench)||aye|